DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER BOTH THE SCHOOL AND ECC WILL BE CLOSED THURSDAY,Feb 3,2022 and FRIDAY, Feb 4,2022.
BACK TO SCHOOL COVID INFORMATION: AUGUST 14,2021
Trinity Lutheran School Health and Operations Procedures for the Start of the 2021-2022 School Year
Trinity Lutheran School is preparing and planning for a successful 21-22 school year. Although we are trying to get back to “normal”, because the corona virus is still with us, the return to school will still be similar to the end of last school year. Trinity Lutheran families, students, and staff will need to be flexible, understanding that the priority of protecting the health of our students, teachers, and staff may require changes in procedures, sometimes with minimal notice.
To best protect the health and safety of our school community, Trinity School Board will take into consideration recommendations from the TEA, Department of Health, the CDC, and other governmental agencies. Trinity will abide by local and state executive orders applicable to private, religious schools. Whatever the circumstances, we remain committed to our mission: Trinity Lutheran School will share the love of God, through Christ, with all His children by educating, encouraging, and equipping them for a life of Christian service.
While it is our goal to prepare and plan as best as we possibly can, all plans are subject to change. Please note situations may arise where adjustments must be made quickly.
First Day of classes is Wednesday, August 18, 2021. With enhanced disinfecting, health precautions, and distancing standards when possible, we are excited to welcome PK-12th grade students onto our campus. Loving teachers will provide direct instruction that supports and challenges each student in every classroom.
If students are at home with an illness, at elevated risk of illness due to COVID-19, or at home in quarantine, an alternative method of delivering instruction will be available to parents. Please contact the Principal for more information.
UPDATE: AUGUST 5,2021
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for Trinity Lutheran School
The policies and procedures listed below will be in effect for all Trinity students (PK18 month through 12th grade) for the 2021-2022 school year unless otherwise noted, beginning August 18 and will remain in effect until further notice.
- Temperatures will not be taken outside the facility each morning. Parents are encouraged to check the temperatures of themselves and their children before they leave home. If the temperature is 100 degrees or greater, please stay home.
- Parents will still be required to sign in and sign out ECC children outside the facility. Students will be dropped off and picked up outside the facility as the facility will be closed to parents at this time. Kindergarten through 4th grade students will drop off/pick up outside the main entrance of the school. Students in grades 5-12 will drop off/pick up outside the gate by the church. Again, the facility is closed to parents and non-essential personnel at this time.
- No students may arrive before the buildings open: ECC at 7:00 am and School at 7:40 am. K-12 students should arrive before 8 am and ECC students must arrive before 9:00 am. K-12 students who arrive after 7:55 am must report to the main entrance of the school to receive a tardy slip.
- Parents may still call to notify the office they have arrived or will shortly to pick up their child.
- Pick up for K-4 will involve arriving at the assigned time and staying in their car in the pick up line, pulling forward when directed to do so. Students will enter vehicles at the flagpole area. Kindergarten from 3:10 – 3:20, grades 1-2 from 3:20 – 3:30, and grades 3-4 from 3:30 – 3:40.
- Pick up for older students, grades 5-12, will be the same location as drop off, the gate by the church. Parents must park and the students will be dismissed at 3:30. They will wait in the pavilion and be released when you arrive.
Face Coverings (masks)
- Face coverings for staff and students is recommended but not required.
- Face coverings may be any style but if these coverings contain printing, it must be appropriate as determined by the school principal.
- Students who run a temperature of 100 degrees or greater while at school will be placed in isolation. The school offices will serve as these rooms. The student will be monitored by an adult until a guardian arrives to pick them up. Students will wear a mask in isolation.
- An administrator will wear proper personal protective equipment and collect all student belongings.
- All contaminated areas will be disinfected immediately.
- Children may not return to school until fever free for 24 hours
- Teachers and staff who run a fever of 100 or greater will be sent home immediately and may not return to school until fever free for 24 hours.
Actions if a student or staff is infected by COVID-19
- If an individual who has been in school is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, the school will notify the local health department, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including confidentiality requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). The school will follow all guidelines mandated by them.
Social Distancing Policies in School
- Students in each classroom will be arranged to provide as much social distancing as possible.
- Recess and bathroom breaks will be staggered to help minimize the number of people in common areas.
- Teachers will minimize having students standing in lines and when necessary, at 3 foot intervals.
- Recesses and PE classes will be held outside as much as possible.
- High contact areas on play equipment will be sanitized regularly
- Students may purchase a lunch or bring a sack lunch and eat outside or in the classrooms.
- Visitors (Including Parents) Will Not be allowed to join students at lunch
- Teachers will clean and disinfect eating areas after lunch
Facility Health Precautions
- High contact areas in ECC – 4th grade will be disinfected several times each day with a bleach solution or other disinfectant.
o Desk and table tops
o Door and cabinet handles
o Light switches
o Sink handles
o Shared objects (e.g., toys, games, art supplies) will be cleaned in between uses.
- High contact areas in grades 5th-12th will be disinfected before each class period.
- Toys and objects that cannot be cleaned and sanitized will not be used.
- Staff will not share toys and manipulatives with other classrooms, unless they are washed and sanitized before being moved to another classroom.
- Drinking Fountains will be sanitized regularly. Students (K-12th) should bring their own water bottles labeled with their name.
- Student’s personal belongings will be separated and put in individually labeled storage containers, cubbies, or areas.
- Extra supplies will be available to minimize the sharing of high touch materials.
- The sharing of foods and utensils is prohibited.
- Sharing of electronic devices, toys, books, and other games or learning aids will be limited.
- A professional grade disinfecting misting system with a virucide will be used to disinfect the entire facility regularly.
- Hand sanitizer (60% alcohol based or greater) will be located at each entrance and in each classroom.
- Students will be taught and encouraged to wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds frequently throughout the day.
- Teachers will teach, model and remind students of proper sneezing and coughing etiquette as well as mask etiquette.
- Visitors will be prohibited from entering the building without explicit invitation.
- Emergency visitation will be permitted.
- All permitted visitors must wear a mask.
Trinity Lutheran School and Early Childhood Center will be open and have classes tomorrow, Monday, Feb. 22. Students will use bottled water for drinking but may use city water to wash hands.
Due to hazardous road conditions, water issues, and power outages, Trinity Lutheran School and Early Childhood Center will be closed on Friday, February 19. Try to stay safe and warm and have a restful weekend.
Due to inclement weather, poor road conditions, and power outages, for the safety of our students and staff, Trinity Lutheran School and Early Childhood Center will be closed for the next two days, Wednesday, February 17 and Thursday, February 18. We will continue to monitor the situation and if anything changes, we will let you know. Stay safe and warm.
Both School and ECC will be CLOSED tomorrow, February 16,2021 due to inclement weather and road conditions.
UPDATE:ANNOUNCEMENT 2/10/2021 @ 8:30pm.
Due to the deteriorating weather conditions and potentially dangerous driving conditions, Trinity Lutheran School and Early Childhood Center will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, Feb. 11.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but this decision was made for the safety of all involved.
ANNOUNCEMENT 2/10/2021:It appears that Trinity Lutheran School and ECC is still in the area that has not yet been cleared by the City of San Angelo to use city water, so for the safety of our students and staff we will have to remain closed tomorrow 2/10/21.
We will notify you if this changes.
Closed again tomorrow 2/10/2021
It appears that Trinity Lutheran School and ECC is still in the area that has not yet been cleared by the City of San Angelo to use city water, so for the safety of our students and staff we will have to remain closed tomorrow 2/10/21.
We will notify you if this changes.
School and ECC closed on TUESDAY 2/9/2021 due to water advisory.
For the safety of our students and staff, we will be following the recommendations of the City of San Angelo and canceling school for tomorrow due to a city wide water advisory. ECC will be closed as well.
KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP : FOR ALL CURRENTLY ENROLLED TRINITY LUTHERAN SCHOOL PK4 FAMILIES ONLY. DUE TO COVID THIS YEAR OUR ROUND-UP WILL BE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. CALL THE SCHOOL OFFICE TO RESERVE A TIME SLOT. 325-947-1275.
WEATHER UPDATE: 1/10/2021
Both School and ECC will be CLOSED tomorrow, January 11, 2021 due to inclement weather.
WEATHER UPDATE: 1/10/2021
Due to ￼inclement weather, we will have a delayed start Monday, January 11, 2021.
Classes start at 10am.
ECC will open at 9:30am for drop offs.
WEATHER UPDATE: 12/30/2020
Due to forecasted severe weather, the Trinity ECC will not be open tomorrow.
See you on Tuesday, Jan. 5.
Happy New Year!
Parents and Students,
You are probably aware that the governor has extended the executive order to close schools until Monday, May 4. This means that our K-11 classrooms will remain closed and teachers will continue to provide lessons and other learning resources to you both online and in printed form. Teachers will notify you if there are additional books or worksheets to pick up and you may do so each Monday between 8 am and 12:30 pm. (or call and let us know when you can come). The ECC will remain open. Our hours of operation and some procedures may be modified. We will keep you posted. ECC lessons will be updated on the Web page each Friday for the following week. We plan to open and proceed with the school year just as soon as the Governor lifts the order.
We want to thank you all for your ongoing prayers and support. We are aware of the financial challenges that we all face. The school board continues to pursue additional funding opportunities provided by the government through the SBA and our insurance company. We should have some answers soon and we thank you for staying with us as we negotiate this constantly changing situation. We pray for your continued patience, your health and safety, and for all those who are facing this crisis. Our faith and trust rests in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Look for more information in our weekly Tidbits in your email this Friday.
UPDATE: MARCH 22,2020
In an effort to create some continuity for your child regarding educational objectives here at Trinity, the preschool teachers have developed some activities you can do at home with your child. They are located on our school website at: http://www.trinityschoolsa.com/preschool-curriculum
or if you go to http://www.trinityschoolsa.com home page there is a link titled PK CURRICULUM.
These are the same or very similar to many of the activities we would normally do. Select your age group. A normal daily schedule is attached (just for your information) along with some paper activities ( if you would like to print), interactive activities, and some online opportunities (under the Online Learning Resources tab http://www.trinityschoolsa.com/online-learning-resources ). If you have any questions, please contact the ECC office.
Our prayers are with you all. Stay safe. God Bless!
FOR PARENTS WHO WILL DROPPING OFF CHILDREN ON MONDAY MORNING. PLEASE FILL OUT THE TRAVEL REPORTING FORM ( LINKED BELOW) TO SPEED UP THE MORNING PROCEDURE.